Students who apply for Buffett via the magnet lottery process In January will be contacted with results during the first week of April by the OPS Student Placement Office through a letter in the mail.
Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School
MSA Magnet School of Distinction
► Extra Value Standards (5/6)
► Extra Value Standards (7/8)
Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School has a unique facility that supports a distinctive communication and electronic media focus. Academic excellence is emphasized and supported by every member of the outstanding staff. Unique curriculum offerings are available in digital media, journalism, television broadcasting and speech.
Communication Skills: Students at Buffett are immersed in reading, writing, listening and speaking opportunitites to maximize their expertise in diverse presentation formats. Some of the communication offerings for students at Buffett include:
• Quarterly student newspaper "Buffett Bugle"
Yearly student yearbook "Buffett Beacon"
• Daily morning announcements produced and delivered by Buffett students
• Daily news program, BBTV, produced and delivered by Buffett Television students
• Literary magazine
• Electronic publishing
• Speech included in all classes
Electronic Media: Buffett students use the most current and innovative components the electronic media and computer technology world has to offer. Students have opportunities to:
• Participate, write, and research for the school newspaper, literary magzaine, daily news, and monthly news show.
• Create digital video and podcasts
• Use handheld devises to gather research
• Create curricular projects using PowerPoint, PhotoStory, animation, digital photography, video and sound.
• Use Internet resources to provide accurate research information